I know I’m a couple of days late to the 2014 Recap post. It’s been a busy month and I’m just starting to wind down from all the holiday craziness. I wanted to take some time to reflect on the year’s events.
- I started off the year with a major change: a career change. I went from teaching middle & high school children about literature to teaching lawyers about the importance of social media. I was nervous at first; change can be tough. But I quickly realized that I made the right decision. And a year later (today actually!) I am happier than I have been in a long time. I love the company I work for, the people I work with and the work that I do. I learn something new every day and I’m growing as a professional and as a person.
- In February, I turned 32. I celebrated with my closest friends over some drinks and appetizers. I love celebrating my birthday and it usually lasts for at least a week (or two).
- On May 4th, my husband and I celebrated our ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! Time flies when you are in love and having fun.
- We traveled to Montauk in June for a long weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary. This was my second time visiting Montauk, but I have fell in love with the quaint, beach town. We hope to make this an annual trip.
- Mid-summer, I decided to take another leap of faith and start blogging! I was nervous at first to put my words out there for others to read, but this was a great choice. I love writing and I like to write about my experiences, great restaurants I have visited, great recipes I have cooked, positive quotes, throwback memories, and other random ramblings. My friends and family are super supportive, and I appreciate the feedback, the shares and the favorites. I have exchanged emails and comments and tweets with some of the best writers out there. The blogging community is friendly, supportive and loyal. I continue to learn from them daily and I’m appreciative of the friendships I have made through this process.
- Babies, Babies, Babies! So many babies were born this year and I couldn’t be happier for my friends and family! We welcomed Frankie, Charleigh and Harper into this crazy world. It is surreal to watch my friends become parents. I am one happy Aunt! 🙂
- It was the year of trying new fitness regimes: personal training (two different trainers), Soul-Cycle, Hot Yoga, the Bar Method, Color Run 5K… I’ve tried them all. I was proud that I stepped outside the box and tried things I normally would never do.
- Cowgirl Mel gets hitched! I traveled to Nashville in August for the first time for Melanie’s bachelorette and then watched as she married the man of her dreams in September. We danced the night away and had such a great time.
- With such busy schedules, it’s hard to get together with all my girlfriends. In December, we booked a weekend getaway to Atlantic City. Honestly, it was one of the best weekends of the year.
- After a push from my husband, family and friends, I opened up my own Etsy shop in August. It feels great to have yet another creative outlet. The shop was a huge hit and by December, I was knee deep in wedding invitations, ribbon, hot glue and Christmas ornaments.
- I couldn’t think of a better way to end the year. We cruised the last week of December through the Caribbean: Grand Cayman, Honduras, Cozumel and Bahamas. I soaked up the sun, the sand and the great food and drinks aboard the Princess Ruby. I snorkeled in crystal blue water, walked on warm, white beaches, zip-lined from the jungle to the beach and swam with stingrays.
Whew! What a great year! Top that, 2015! 🙂